ROADWORTHINESS INSPECTIONS – UGANDA
This contracted assignment with the Uganda National Bureau of Standards involves the conducting of pre- export road worthiness inspection of used motor vehicles from Japan, UK, Singapore, Dubai and other Global origins, destined for use within the Republic of Uganda.
This enables only roadworthy and environmentally friendly vehicles to enter the country, thereby ensuring that Uganda does not become a dumping ground for poor quality used vehicles.
FAQ FOR UGANDA INSPECTIONS
Feel free to use our "Contact" form if you do not see your question listed here
The Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) requires that a pre-shipment inspection for roadworthiness be carried out on all used vehicles imported into the Republic of Uganda.
EAA Company Limited has been contracted to UNBS as an authorized inspection agency for the pre-shipment inspection for roadworthiness of used vehicles.
This inspection has been initiated by UNBS to minimize the risk of unsafe and substandard vehicles entering the Uganda market, thus ensuring health, safety and environmental protection for Ugandans. All used vehicles must meet the requirements of this important safety Pre-export inspection. Please ensure inspections are completed prior to export.
- The vehicle must pass the mandated roadworthiness inspection, and this includes the use of calibrated equipment for testing of braking systems, side-slip, radiation levels, emissions and lighting etc.
- CFC (R12) gas should be removed from the vehicle.
- There is no age restriction applied for vehicle imports into Uganda.
- Right-hand drive and Left-hand drive vehicles can be imported.
- Should the pre-shipment inspection not be completed prior to the vehicle export, UNBS will impose a penalty of 15% of the CIF value of the vehicle, in addition to the full cost of an inspection in Uganda.
- Please send an “EAA Application form for (Uganda Only)” to us by Email or Fax
- Please ensure to attach the copy of Export Certificate of your vehicle. (Please note that the inspection cannot be conducted when there is no Export Certificate).
- EAA will issue an invoice and email or fax it to you by return.
- EAA will confirm the inspection place, the vehicle details, and the date of inspection booking via telephone or fax, once payment is confirmed.
- After the inspection is completed and the vehicle is passed, EAA will send the inspection certificate to the Exporter.
Inspection fee (per unit inclusive of tax) is ¥13,950 - One price for all vehicles regardless of engine size.