ROADWORTHINESS INSPECTIONS – UGANDA
FAQ FOR UGANDA INSPECTIONS
- The vehicle must pass the mandated roadworthiness inspection, and this includes the use of calibrated equipment for testing of braking systems, side-slip, radiation levels, emissions and lighting etc.
- CFC (R12) gas should be removed from the vehicle.
- There is an age restriction of less than 15 years applied for vehicle imports into Uganda. (Heavy vehicles over 4 tonne are exempt)
- Right-hand drive and Left-hand drive vehicles can be imported.
- The Odometer should not have been tampered with to misrepresent the true mileage.
- Should the pre-shipment inspection not be completed prior to the vehicle export, UNBS will impose a penalty of 15% of the CIF value of the vehicle, in addition to the full cost of an inspection in Uganda.
- Please send an “EAA Application form for (Uganda Only)” to us by Email or Fax
- Please ensure to attach the copy of Export Certificate of your vehicle. (Please note that the inspection cannot be conducted when there is no Export Certificate).
- EAA will issue an invoice and email or fax it to you by return.
- EAA will confirm the inspection place, the vehicle details, and the date of inspection booking via telephone or fax, once payment is confirmed.
- After the inspection is completed and the vehicle is passed, EAA will send the inspection certificate to the Exporter.
Singapore - USD$200 (inclusive of tax) converted to local currency of S$270 - For all vehicle sizes.
UK - USD$200 (inclusive of tax) converted to local currency of £170 - For all vehicle sizes.
South Africa - USD$220 (inclusive of tax) converted to local currency of R3,500 - For all vehicle sizes.
Pay your United Kingdom inspection fee using PayPal