ROADWORTHINESS INSPECTIONS – ZANZIBAR
This enables only roadworthy and environmentally friendly vehicles to enter the country, thereby ensuring that Zanzibar does not become a dumping ground for poor quality used vehicles.
Right-hand and left-hand drive vehicles are allowed into Zanzibar. While there is currently no age restriction for used vehicles imported into Zanzibar, a pre-shipment roadworthiness inspection is required for all imports.
FAQ FOR ZANZIBAR INSPECTIONS
The Zanzibar Bureau of Standards (ZBS) requires that a pre-shipment inspection for roadworthiness be carried out on all used vehicles imported into Zanzibar. EAA Company Limited has been contracted to ZBS as an authorized inspection agency for the pre-shipment inspection for roadworthiness of used vehicles. This inspection has been initiated by ZBS to minimize the risk of unsafe and substandard vehicles entering the Zanzibar market, thus ensuring health, safety and environmental protection for Zanzibar citizens. All used vehicles must meet the requirements of this important safety Pre-export inspection. Please ensure inspections are completed prior to export.
- The vehicle must pass the mandated roadworthiness inspection, and this includes the use of calibrated equipment for testing of braking systems, side-slip, radiation levels, emissions and lighting etc.
- There is no age restriction applied for vehicle imports into Zanzibar.
- Right-hand drive and Left-hand drive vehicles can be imported.
- Should the pre-shipment inspection not be completed prior to the vehicle export, ZBS will impose a penalty of 30% of the CIF value of the vehicle, in addition to the full cost of an inspection in Zanzibar.
- Please send an “EAA Application form for (Zanzibar Only)” to us by Email or Fax
- Please ensure to attach the copy of Export Certificate of your vehicle. (Please note that the inspection cannot be conducted when there is no Export Certificate).
- EAA will issue an invoice and email or fax it to you by return.
- EAA will confirm the inspection place, the vehicle details, and the date of inspection booking via telephone or fax, once payment is confirmed.
- After the inspection is completed and the vehicle is passed, EAA will send the inspection certificate to the Exporter.
Inspection fee (per unit inclusive of tax) is ¥15,600 - One price for all vehicles regardless of engine size.