PRE-EXPORT INSPECTIONS – Mauritius
This assignment with the Mauritius Government involves the conducting of pre- export roadworthiness inspection of used motor vehicles from Japan, Singapore, UAE and the United Kingdom, destined for use within the Republic of Mauritius.
This enables only roadworthy and environmentally friendly vehicles to enter the country, thereby ensuring that Mauritius does not become a dumping ground for poor quality used vehicles.
Only right-hand drive vehicles are allowed into Mauritius. There are several other restrictions for used vehicles imported into Mauritius (please see the list of FAQs below), and a pre-shipment inspection is required for all imports.
FAQ FOR MAURITIUS INSPECTIONS
If you do not see your question listed here feel free to use our Contact form
- Motor Cars - must be more than 18 months and less than 4 years.
- Dual purpose vehicles - between 18 months and 3 years.
- Goods vehicles - not more than 6 years.
- Vans - not more than 4 years.
- Motor Buses - not more than 3 years.
- Must be righthand drive
- Age restriction from year of first registration
- No bullbar allowed
- Must be in roadworthy and useable condition
- The vehicle is not stolen
- The vehicle must be inspected not earlier than 2 months prior to shipment
- Not having been subject to flood or other water damage
- Odometer tampering is not allowed
- Be subject to a vehicle condition survey
The inspection fee per unit (incl. tax and regardless of type) is as follows:
- Japan = ￥10,450
- Singapore = S$250
- UAE = AED540
- UK = £150
Book your Mauritius Pre-Export inspection on-line here. Or..
Download a Mauritius Pre-Export Inspection form here.