ROADWORTHINESS INSPECTIONS – TANZANIA
COUNTRY REGULATIONS AND INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
- Vehicle inspection certificate (shakensho)
- Temporary cancellation registration certificate (ichiji masho)
- Export certificate (massho)
(Copy is OK)
- V5 Certificate (for United Kingdom)
Within 21 days from the date of the first inspection (Calendar days)
Can be downloaded within 3 working days after inspection passed
- Valid for 90 days (calendar days) from the date of COC issue to vehicle unloading at Dar Es Salaam
- US$ 150 plus penalty (30% of CIF value)
- No model year restrictions
- Right-hand and Left-hand drive vehicles can be imported
This service involves the conducting of pre- export road safety (roadworthiness) inspection of used motor vehicles from Japan and the United Kingdom, destined for use within the Republic of Tanzania.
This enables only roadworthy and environmentally friendly vehicles to enter the country, thereby ensuring that Tanzania does not become a dumping ground for poor quality used vehicles.
Right-hand drive vehicles are allowed entry into Tanzania. There is currently no age restriction for used vehicles imported into Tanzania.
FAQ FOR TANZANIA ROADWORTHINESS INSPECTIONS
The Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) requires that a pre-shipment roadworthiness inspection is carried out on all imports from Japan and the United Kingdom. This inspection has been initiated to minimize the risk of highly radiated and unroadworthy vehicles entering the Tanzania market, thus ensuring health, safety and environmental protection for Tanzanians.
- The vehicle must pass the road worthiness inspection, and this includes the use of calibrated equipment for testing of braking systems, side-slip, radiation levels, emissions and lighting etc.
- There is no age restriction applied for vehicle imports into Tanzania.
- Right-hand drive vehicles can be imported.
Road Worthiness Inspection fee (per unit) is $150 for Japan and the United Kingdom converted to the respective local currency – One price for all vehicles regardless of engine size.
Book your Tanzanian Roadworthiness inspection
Pay your United Kingdom inspection fee using PayPal
Tanzania Roadworthiness Inspection
*(Travel fee charged for inspection outside Tilbury Port)
This can be added by using the “Continue Shopping” Link
before checking out)