ROADWORTHINESS INSPECTIONS – ST. LUCIA
|This contracted assignment with the St. Lucia Bureau of Standards involves the conducting of pre- export road worthiness inspection of used motor vehicles from Japan, Singapore, UK, and UAE, destined for use within the Commonwealth of St. Lucia.
This enables only roadworthy and environmentally friendly vehicles to enter the country, thereby ensuring that St. Lucia does not become a dumping ground for poor quality used vehicles.
|FAQ FOR ST. LUCIA INSPECTIONS
• The St. Lucia Bureau of Standards (SLBS) requires that a pre-shipment inspection for roadworthiness be carried out on all used vehicles imported into St. Lucia having been shipped from Japan, Singapore, United Kingdom and United Arab Emirates.
• EAA Company Limited has been contracted to SLBS as an authorized inspection agency for the pre-shipment inspection for roadworthiness of used vehicles.
• This inspection has been initiated by SLBS to minimize the risk of unsafe and substandard vehicles entering the St. Lucia market, thus ensuring health, safety and environmental protection for St. Lucians.
• All used vehicles must meet the requirements of this important safety Pre-export inspection.
• Please ensure inspections are completed prior to export.
A: The vehicle must pass the mandated roadworthiness inspection, and this includes the use of calibrated equipment for testing of braking systems, side-slip, radiation levels, emissions and lighting etc.
- There is no age restriction for vehicle imports into St. Lucia.
- There are no winter/snow tyres allowed.
- All tyres must not be more than 4 years old (by week/year stamped on the tyre).
- No tyre should have signs of cracking or perishing and have a minimum of 4mm tread.
- Right-hand and left-hand drive vehicles can be imported.
- No odometer tampering allowed.
- Not to be considered a mechanical inspection.
- Should the pre-shipment inspection not be completed prior to the vehicle export, SLBS will impose a penalty in addition to the full cost of an inspection in St. Lucia.
A: Please note the following:
1. Please send an “EAA Application form for (St. Lucia Only)” to us by Email or Fax
2. Please ensure to attach the copy of Export Certificate of your vehicle. (Please note that the inspection cannot be conducted when there is no Export Certificate).
3. EAA will issue an invoice and email or fax it to you by return.
4. EAA will confirm the inspection place, the vehicle details, and the date of inspection booking via telephone or email, once payment is confirmed.
5. After the inspection is completed and the vehicle is passed, EAA will send the inspection certificate to the Exporter. You may also confirm inspection details at the following E-Cert URL https://inspection-system.eaa-s.jp/inspection_search/index.php by input of your vehicle chassis number.
A: Fees are as follows:
• Japan – USD$150 – For all vehicle sizes.
• Singapore – USD$150 – For all vehicle sizes.
• UK – USD$200 – For all vehicle sizes.
• United Arab Emirates – USD$150 – For all vehicle sizes
Book your St. Lucia Roadworthiness inspection
Inspection in JAPAN – here.
Inspection NOT in Japan – here.