Right-hand drive vehicles are allowed into Zambia. While there is currently no age restriction for used vehicles imported into Zambia, a pre-shipment roadworthiness inspection is required for all imports.
FAQ FOR ZAMBIA INSPECTIONS
Q: Tell me about the Zambia Roadworthiness Pre-shipment inspection
A: The Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS) requires that a pre-shipment inspection for roadworthiness be carried out on all used vehicles imported into the Republic of Zambia. EAA Company Limited has been contracted to ZABS as an authorized inspection agency for the pre-shipment inspection for roadworthiness of used vehicles. This inspection has been initiated by ZABS to minimize the risk of unsafe and substandard vehicles entering the Zambia market, thus ensuring health, safety and environmental protection for Zambians. All used vehicles must meet the requirements of this important safety Pre-export inspection. Please ensure inspections are completed prior to export.
Q: What are the important factors of the Zambia roadworthiness inspection?
• The vehicle must pass the mandated roadworthiness inspection, and this includes the use of calibrated equipment for testing of braking systems, side-slip, radiation levels, emissions and lighting etc.
• There is no age restriction applied for vehicle imports into Zambia.
• Right-hand drive and Left-hand drive vehicles can be imported.
• Not to be considered a mechanical inspection.
• Should the pre-shipment inspection not be completed prior to the vehicle export, ZABS will impose a penalty of 15% of the CIF value of the vehicle, in addition to the full cost of an inspection in Zambia.
• Vehicles detected with odometer tampering will be rejected and cannot be imported into Zambia.
Q: Application and inspection procedure?
A: Please note the following:
1. Please send an “EAA Application form for (Zambia Only)” to us by Email or Fax
2. Please ensure to attach the copy of Export Certificate of your vehicle. (Please note that the inspection cannot be conducted when there is no Export Certificate).
3. EAA will issue an invoice and email or fax it to you by return.
4. EAA will confirm the inspection place, the vehicle details, and the date of inspection booking via telephone or fax, once payment is confirmed.
5. After the inspection is completed and the vehicle is passed, EAA will send the inspection certificate to the Exporter. You may also confirm inspection details at the following E-Cert URL by input of your vehicle chassis number.
Q: What is the inspection fee (inclusive of tax)?
A: Inspection fees are as follows:
• Japan = USD$140
• Singapore = USD$140
• UAE = USD$140
• UK = USD$200
• South Africa = USD$140
Book your Zambia Roadworthiness inspection on-line here. Or..
Download a Zambia Roadworthiness Inspection form here.
Pay your United Kingdom inspection fee using PayPal
*(Travel fee charged for inspection outside Tilbury Port)